Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Home from another two weeks at Topsail.  The weather was beautiful the entire time and we all were healthy.  This hasn't always been the case, so I'm very grateful.  So thankful for the time away...this is  a wonderful gift my parents give us each summer.  I hope they realize that we don't take this gift for granted.  All four kids played so well in the ocean this year.  Evan was so much braver and Cora was a little too brave at times.  She also preferred swimming naked over a swimsuit.  I think she just likes being naked right now.  We found her today completely naked standing with her back to the window air conditioner.  She was sticking her little bootie out so the air would blow right on her backside.  Who could blame her though, it was 103 and outside!

We drove through the night arriving home at 5 this morning.  We pushed through the day.  We're exhausted and ready to sleep, but it was worth it.  We're unpacked and have been to the grocery to restock.  In a few days we leave again for a week at the cottage in NY.  Again, an amazing gift we have been given from Eric's family.  We have a ton to do for work in the next few days, but I'm ready to work hard and get it all done quickly so we can head out to relax as a family again.

We spent three summers in Franklinton.  Each year when we would pull up to the house after our beach trip I would become really depressed.  I missed the beauty of Topsail immensely  and I wasn't ready to readjust to life in Franklinton and all that it required from me.  Tonight the view from my bedroom window is just about as beautiful as the view from the living room of our beach front home in Topsail.  The sunset over the cornfield it simply spectacular.  This place is home.  It is our family's sanctuary. 

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home