Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A post really should be written to document the last week of my life, but I don't really have the energy left to write it all out.  To sum it all up, it sucked.  All four kids and the dog are now on two meds.  I can't get Cora to take her antibiotic which literally smells and tastes like poop, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with her.  I'm giving it another day before I start harassing my doctor's office again.  We have spent so much time in doctor's offices that this morning when Evan and Cora were playing doctor I heard him ask her, "So, are you going to be a nurse practitioner or a physician's assistant."

In the midst of it God has provided me with an amazing support system.  My parents and in-laws have been my superheros.  The urgent care doctors were phenomenal.  My friends have listened patiently.  And now my husband is home which brings so much more peace to our home.  I think we get to keep him around for a few weeks before he's out of town again.

As we approach the other side of this mess (hopefully) I find myself feeling incredibly grateful. The big picture is beautiful, just the details got a little messy.  When I can step back and distance myself from the day to day chaos I see four beautiful children, my dear husband, and a dog I can't help but love.  The big picture contains extended family who change their plans to help me out and a pastor that prays for our family with me over the phone.  These people are gifts I don't deserve, but am so blessed to have.


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home