Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My kids have a lot of questions about Jesus.  I admit to them often that I don't have all of the answers.  They know that I believe Jesus is the Son of God.  They know that I believe the Bible tells us God's story.  We talk about these things together and we pray together.  However, so many times my answer is simply, "I don't know...these are things we many never full understand until we are with Him in His new Kingdom."

My baby girl has been battling a staph infection for a month now and we hit a crossroads yesterday.  The infection was spreading and we were on our third antibiotic.  The new meds had to start working quickly or we were on our way to the hospital.  I felt led to anoint Cora with oil during her nap yesterday and asked several close friends and family to pray with me.  Then as dinner approached I felt that it was time to fast and pray.  These are things that quite honestly do not make a lot of sense to me, they never have. At the same time, I believe that fasting, praying and anointing Cora with oil are things that God asked me to do yesterday.

This morning my prayer as I got out of bed was this..."Lord, I have no idea what this day has in store for me and my family.  However, I believe that You alone have the strength we need to handle whatever that may be."

Cora's infection has improved remarkably since last night.  It would be very easy to attribute this improvement solely to her new medicine, and I do believe that is part of it.  However, I also believe that as my baby slept last night, Jesus had His divine hand upon her as well.  I don't understand that, but I believe it.  The doctor's have told me they don't need to see her today. We continue to pray for healing and a full recovery. 

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home