Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I remember Riley's last day of kindergarten like it was yesterday.  I had volunteered in the classroom that day and had spent most of the afternoon playing Chutes and Ladders with a room full of kindergarteners.  At that time Riley attended Westgate Elementary.  Westgate had a tradition of "clapping out" the 5th graders.  The 5th graders would walk the hallways together and the rest of the school would line the halls clapping as a way to say good bye.  I stood and watched these children I didn't know parade past Riley's kindergarten room and I started to cry just thinking about the day when Riley would leave elementary school.  Still, that day seemed so far away.

Time has flown by.  Riley has spent his last three years of elementary school at Wiggin Street Elementary and tomorrow I will watch him graduate.  How did we get here so quickly?  I've dealt with an intense amount of fear about this next chapter in Riley's life.  Thankfully, I've found some freedom through a lot of prayer.  I can honestly say that I am ready to embrace this next step in his life with joy.  I am excited to watch him grow into the young man God has created him to be.  I love him more than I can explain, and yet I know He loves Riley more than I can imagine.  His plans for Riley are for his good.  I can rest knowing this truth.

Riley has requested that I not cry at graduation...funny boy.  He should know that he is asking the impossible.  Fifth grade graduation will be followed by kindergarten graduation for Evan...good thing my parents are coming to give me hugs and remind that it's all going to be okay!  Two graduations in one day is a little much for one mom to handle. 

0 comments:

Older Post Home