Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My first born is now eleven years old.  How did that happen?  He will be starting the fifth grade in a few days and for the moment I'm still denying what all comes after fifth grade.  He wanted a very simple birthday celebration, large parties make him a little anxious (he's a touch like his mom...okay, alot like his mom).  So, we grilled out his very favorite food, hamburgers, and then took him and his two brothers to a late night showing of the new Diary of Wimpy Kid Dog Days movie on Thursday night.  We laughed, hard.  Last night we celebrated with my family at a pizza place.  Simple, fun, and just what he wanted.

Riley has grown into a remarkable young man this year.  The issues we were having with him, primarily attitude and arguing, have gotten so much better.  He wants to be with his family and does a great job interacting with his brothers and sister.  He still loves basketball, but has started running this year as well.  He plans on running cross country in middle school...we'll see.  I love running with him.  It's a great way to spend time alone with him.  He's at such an interesting age.  One minute he seems so grown up and the next minute I may find him still willing to play Batman with his brothers.  I don't know when it will end, when he will feel too old for their toys and games, but I love watching him right now.

Riley Michael Stetler, I am blessed to me your mom.  You are a gift to me and the rest of our family.  Your smile and hugs brighten my days. My prayer is that this last year of elementary school continues to form you into the young man God created you to be.  I love you.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home